Everyone is familiar with the expressions, "Ask and ye shall receive" and "Build it and they will come!" The MOS is wrapping up 2008 with a bang! I want to thank everyone for making the year a success and for jumping in to make 2009 a fantastic year in the making. Let me introduce our new Chapter leaders (in no particular order):
- Teal Ellington - Philadelphia, PA
- Latrina Hunter - Little Rock, AR
- Brian Tupper - Lanham/Seabrook, MD
- Sharon Davis - Atlanta, GA
- Brian Smith - Kansas City, KS
- Robert Alexander - Washington, DC
- Courtney Poppenberg & Kathleen Denson - Columbus, OH
- Roger Partin - Covington, KY
- Darlene Christianson - Rochester, MN
- Thomas White - Austin, TX
- Melvin Gong & Jacque M Johnson - Fresno, CA
- Thomas J Bruner - San Francisco, CA
- Michael J Bilas - Lowell, MA
- Michelle Hedden - Detroit, MI
- Darryl Parker - Dallas, TX
- Kevin Hollian - New York City, NY
- Michele K Beck - Portage, MI
- Jeremy Tendler - New Haven, CT
And let's not forget these volunteers:
- Eric Anderson - Operation Warfighter
- James P Clifford - MOS Warrior Transition Intern Program / Wounded Warrior
- Jon Bird, Vice President; Jim Quinn, Treasurer, and Susie Harmon, Secretary
As you may recall, one of my personal goals as President is to establish MOS Chapters in all 50 states, and hit a mark of 2,500 members by the end of 2009. If this is any indication my goal will be achieved--not due to my actions but due to those volunteers who stepped forward to make a difference within our organization. I've said it before and I will continue to say it... Let's Rock 2009!
And speaking of 2009...
In honor of all the veterans that have served or are currently serving, I am declaring Memorial Day, May 25, 2009, “Take a Veteran to Lunch Day.” On this day I challenge each Military Outreach for Service member to take three military veterans (preferably serving on active duty at your nearest military installation) to lunch to express our appreciation for the support they are giving to the country.
The MOS, measuring over 275 members and growing rapidly, can make a lasting impression and show some good will within their community, and positively impact the lives of over 1,000 veterans with this small token of our appreciation. A simple phone call to the nearest military unit Public Affairs office should be all that it takes to get the ball rolling...
Have a great New Year everyone and thanks one and all for everything you've done--or about to do!
Allen L. Lichtenwalner, RO, MBA
President, Military Outreach for Service
Nathaniel R. Jones Federal Building
10 East Commerce Street, Room 110
Youngstown, OH 44503
Office: 330-480-5744 Fax: 330-746-1028
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 3:45 PM EST