If you follow the directions below, you can have the website automatically send you an email(notification) when content on a webpage changes. For example, you can ask to be automatically notified when your Chapter’s calendar changes or when there is new content on the front page. The website will send the email notification to the email address you indicate in your user settings. If you would rather get email from the website at your home email address, change your email in your profile before following the instructions below. You can also get the emails at both home and at work by following the instructions on the Changing Your User Profile page.
- Logon on to the website using your MOS-IRS user name and password. (Note: If on the IRS network or using ERAP, go to https://www.mos-irs.org and log on. If on your HOME computer, go to http://www.mos-irs.org and log on.)
- From any page on the website, you’ll now see “Welcome” and your user name with a little drop-down arrow in the far upper right of the browser. Navigate to the page from which you want to receive an alert.
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select “My Settings.”
- Click on “My Alerts” in the middle of the screen.
- Click on “Add Alert.”
- Select whatever you want to keep track of. You can only select one at a time.
- Click “Next” when done.
- Fill out the choices on the next screen.
- Click “OK” when done.
- Repeat items 2-9 for each area you want to receive an alert.
You can watch a YouTube video on setting up alerts.