Note: To link to a photo or image, you must have already uploaded it to SharePoint or it must exist on the web somewhere. See the Uploading a Photo
Use the following steps to link to a photo or image.
- Navigate to the photo or image library.
- Put your mouse over the image or its icon.
- Select Copy shortcut.
- Navigate to where you want to link to the image and paste the shortcut where prompted. See next step.
Example: Displaying your photo as part of your user profile.
- Open your user settings: Welcome, Your Name --> My Settings.
- Click on Edit Item.
- In the Picture field, paste the shortcut (Right click and Paste or Ctrl + V).
- Go back to your settings to view the picture. Your picture will show up on People pages where you are a member.
Watch a video
from Apptix SharePoint Training on linking to a photo.